Monday, January 14, 2013

The Love Rat 2.0

I promise that I'm not going to just rehash every blog post I did a year or two ago. It only seems that way, now.

Anyway, you remember The Love Rat, right?


Well, since he was supposed to be a bear and not a rat, I thought I'd try to make him again:


Yep, still very much a rodent. Maybe it's the pattern. Maybe I just haven't been able to master curves on a sewing machine.  I mean, look, the ears aren't as rounded as the first go-'round.


I tried tweaking a little at the neck to give the head more definition. And, as you see, I've given her button eyes and even embroidered her a little nose and mouth.  And I sewed joints for the arms and legs (just a strait stitch across after stuffing).

Still, she's cute. Wonder what The Boy will name her.

Also, while I'm here . . . bonus sewing show-offery!

Check out these cool pillows I made out of remnants! I just did a patchwork of fleece squares that I had laying around from having made a bunch of those tie-together fleece blankets, and then I made the back out of some t-shirt knit material I had left over from making infinity scarves for Christmas. (Thank you, Pinterest!) Then I basically just sewed them together the same way I did the baby blankets, only I stuffed them with fiber-fill first before I sewed them up and did the trim.

Fun.  Cute.  Easy!