Friday, January 18, 2013

My tummy gets in the way

Thanks to nearly two decades of ballet, I perpetually hold my tummy in, so it gives the illusion of relative flatness, even if there is fatness there.

But ever since I had The Boy, there's this odd pouch there that wasn't there before, just below the belly button. When I lay on my side, it kind of hangs there...like a third boob. A very squishy third boob....

I wonder, will it go away with weight loss, or do I need to get it a little bra?

So my tummy gets in the way when I bend over or, you know, try to put on pants. It also gets in the way when I eat. For instance, last night, it got in the way and convinced me to have a Bass ale with a bowl of animal crackers, a surprisingly good pairing, after dinner. Oh well....

Status update: lost a half pound. Down 2.5 since the first of the year. Next week will be better. Happy Friday, y'all!