Wednesday, March 25, 2020

The COVID-Telework Diary Day 10: Jelly Bellies

I just ate a handful of Jelly Bellies, but just my handful.  Maybe a quarter of a cup.  Too many . . . putting my pancreas to work . . . but not, like, the whole bag.  Anyway . . . .

The bubble gum flavored ones are vile, cloyingly vile.  But I ate them and kept eating them . . . because they were in my hand.

Also, chocolate and berry are surprisingly good together.  I didn't intend that combination.  I thought the chocolate was another berry.

Also good:  toasted marshmallow and buttered popcorn.  Another happy mistake.

I also like the black pepper flavored ones . . . and, of course, licorice.  (I didn't used to like licorice.  As a kid, I hated it and would always wonder why my dad would eat it.  Now I know why.  And the reason is because kid's don't know anything and that shit is delicious.)

The sour cherry one that I ate all by itself:  Devine.

There were no weird ones in my hand, thank God, like grass or booger or ear wax or vomit (damn you, Harry Potter).

I saved two watermelons for last.