Friday, September 11, 2015

Episode IV: The Mom Jeans Awaken

A few years back, I wrote several posts endorsing various brands and styles of Mom Jeans, jeans that fit the post-baby bod without making you look like this:


Those other jeans are still great. I still have pairs of the Eddie Bauer and Levis. But I have a new love, a love that surpasses all other Mom Jeans loves.


Okay, yeah, it's Talbot's, and Talbot's just screams "middle aged lady clothes."

But I just turned 45, dammit. I am totally, absolutely in the Talbot's demographic.  And I embrace it. 

These jeans may not be for everyone:  The waist comes up pretty high. But not like the picture above. See?


They're cute!  Don't believe me because that's a model in a size 0?  Check me out, then, in my size 12s. 


(Yes, that's the office bathroom mirror. Don't hate.)

Okay, so you can't see the waist because my shirt is untucked, but they're cute, right?

And they are sooo comfy.  There's a little bit of Lycra so they stretch a little, and, therefore, don't bind in any way. (In fact, I could probably easily wear a size 10 in these jeans because of the stretch.) 

And let me just advocate a little bit for higher-waisted jeans:  High waisted jeans don't cut your curvy hips in half. You're less likely to get plumbers crack with high-waisted jeans.  High waisted jeans, by their nature, hold your soft mommy belly in. They do not force your softer side out of the top, like so much sausage out of its casing, thus preventing the muffin top.  And, even though they are higher waisted, these jeans do not seem to cup your bottom so that it looks like a weird, rounded W. 

In short, I ❤️ my new Mom Jeans from Talbot's. If you're looking for a new pair of jeans, try them out. (They're having a $20 off sale right now!) :-D