Tuesday, January 8, 2019

The Shutdown Diary: Yuletide Edition, Day 18

Disclaimer: The thoughts and feelings expressed in this post are solely the author's and do not represent the official position of any government agency.
In which, with no end to the shutdown in sight, I am deemed essential for a day and go to work . . . .  I present to you an annotated, photographic journey through my day.

Hard to get motivated. Work with no paycheck is just as hard -- harder, maybe -- than the furlough.

But the pupper needs his morning stroll....

Motivation.

Feeling a little bloaty in my suit post-holiday, post-vacay.  Oof.

Traffic.

This is stressful. I feel like I have to get two weeks’ -- a month’s -- worth of work done in eight hours. I have over 700 email messages (you can’t get through them all in 15 minutes a day). I don’t know where to start. I guess I’ll just start with something.

Lunch.

4:30 pm -- I’ve finally read everything I need to read and sent every email I need to send. So I look out my window at Belo Park, as the sun begins to set.

I deserve chocolate.

Headed home.

Aaaaaand...traffic.

Picked up the pup from doggy daycare. Yes, that’s really how he sits in my car.

Aaahhh....

Aged white cheddaaaaaar, Matey.

My favorite boys watching a Beyblade cartoon. (It’s a show about tops -- special, powerful tops that the tops’ owners --trainers? -- battle with in arenas.) Boy:  "How does he know about World Valtryak A4?!"  Yeah. What? 🤷‍♀️ He likes it.

Bedtime....  Nighty-night, folks.