Tuesday, January 15, 2019

The Shutdown Diary: The-Historically-Long-Isn’t-It-Silly-To-Still-Be-Calling-It-The-Yuletide-Edition Edition, Day 25

Disclaimer: The thoughts and feelings expressed in this post are solely the author's and do not represent the official position of any government agency.
I want to eat everything.
It’s stress.
I also want to day-drink.
Same.
So, instead of doing that, I cleaned out our closet and sort of forced my fellow-furloughed husband to go through his clothes in the process.
Call it the furlough purge.
But what else to do with the day if not purge . . . Or gorge myself on jalapeño Cheetos and red wine.
So, yeah no binge, all purge.
Hmmm, what to do tomorrow?
Oh!  I made tentative coffee plans for Friday with a pre-school mom friend. Our kids go to different schools now and barely remember each other, but we remember and like each other well. It will be nice to see her in the event that the furlough goes into Day 28.
Is no one else bugged about this yet?  What does this shutdown signify for democracy and our three branch form of government?  If one branch of government holds another branch hostage, is that just okay with everybody?  In this republic?  Good with everyone?  Yeah. Republics stand or fall based on whether the people support the republic. Don’t believe me?  Go read some Roman history.
Anyway, I’m trying to be productive. Trying not to get sad again. And keeping my fingers crossed for functioning government.
We did a pretty good job, though, huh? With our closet clean out?

Plus, I got myself a "new" sweater in the bargain. It traveled from his side of the closet to mine. 😄

Now what?  Maybe I’ll read a book. Maybe some Cicero . . . .