Friday, February 1, 2013

House of Cards

Apparently, Kevin Spacey is in a new show produced exclusively through Netflix called "House of Cards." I don't know a thing about it I think it's supposed to be a political drama thing, but who knows. What I want to talk about is a snip of an interview I heard with Kevin Spacey on the radio this week.

His character, again, apparently, because I know nothing of the show.... His character apparently engages in a camera/audience Ferris-Beuller-style dialogue, like he's talking to a friend. And Spacey referred to this as (I paraphrase) "kind of like saying something to your best friend, not something that you would say to your wife."

What?

I can't think of a thing I'd say to or share with someone else that I wouldn't say to or share with The Working Dad. Honestly, I feel like, if there are things you would tell your buddy, but not your spouse, there's a problem. Your could, in fact, be living in, please pardon the obvious reference, a house of cards.

Maybe this is why Hollywood marriages fail so often. They're hung up on this division of life into romance and non-romance. But good ol' real life has those things all squashed up together. Friendship, sex, love, affinity...all those things get swished together into this wonderful sauce called marriage. Thankfully.....