Thursday, December 27, 2018

The Shutdown Diary:  Yuletide Edition, Day 6

Disclaimer: The thoughts and feelings expressed in this post are solely the author's and do not represent the official position of any government agency.

Cup of coffee in hand, I did my 15 minutes of email-checking.

Before that, I checked the news: Congress has no votes scheduled for today, so we are virtually guaranteed to be shutdown tomorrow as well.

On the docket for today (get it? docket? I’m a lawyer who is furloughed and, therefore, has no docket?):  laundry, straightening the house, and a family outing for ice skating. Except for the "I might not get paid" part, it’s a far more enjoyable plan than the day of hearings I had scheduled if I were working. Of course, the essential attorney at the office has to cover those hearings, so I feel bad about that. But she does have guaranteed pay when the shutdown is over, so....  Nah, still doesn’t balance out. I feel bad about it. It should be me suffering those hearings.

Oh and I’m wearing my new Christmas Porg sweater to go skating!


Happy Thursday, folks!