Wednesday, December 26, 2018

The Shutdown Diary: Yuletide Edition, Day 5

Disclaimer: The thoughts and feelings expressed in this post are solely the author's and do not represent the official position of any government agency.
Orderly shutdown procedures have been implemented. I did my out of office due to lapsed funding voice message. I did my out of office due to lapsed funding email. And I checked emails for what’s essential, forwarded them, and then logged off.
With Christmas over, the reality of the shutdown starts to sink in. How long will it last? No one knows. But with Congress not reconvening until tomorrow, you can bet it lasts through Friday (e.g., Day 7).
From now on, until and unless I am recalled to work, I will check my emails for up to 15 minutes a day, no more, and will forward pertinent emails to the attorney on duty.
And other than that. I hang out and do stuff.
Today’s stuff was taking down the outdoor Christmas decorations. Mission accomplished!
Now I’m going to watch a Disney movie with my boy!